If you bring negativity to it you get it out of it. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 05, 2018, 18:29 (2354 days ago) @ Harmanimus

I understand the backlash that overlapping content brings. Everyone remembers all the hubbub with Reach having MP maps "pulled from Campaign" even those they pretty much all felt like MP maps. The core designs of the two Strikes are very obviously Strikes. Given their structure related to standard story missions and their length and pacing to the same.

Say whatever you will about advertising numbers of activities. I don't personally care about that. But I do consider it disingenuous to act like the Strikes weren't built as Strikes first.

It doesn’t matter to me which they were “built as first”. They could have been built as strikes and then porter over and re-used as story missions. They could have been built from the ground up with both story mission and strike equally in mind. Doesn’t matter. It doesn’t change the fact that it’s the exact same content being passed of as 2 different activities.

Maybe, possibly, if these strikes/missions were jaw-droppingingly awesome and showed more work and care than the usual strikes or missions, I could almost see myself being ok with it. But they aren’t even average, as far as I’m concerned. Like most things in CoO, they’re middling-at-Best.

And I don’t bring negativity with me to anything in Destiny. Far from it. I just have standards, based on my impression of what Bungie is capable of, and based on what I feel is fair practice for a AAA studio charging $20 for an expansion. I’m concerned, as a Bungie fan of over 15 years, that this sort of thing is what Bungie now thinks is “good enough”.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread