From my perspective, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 05, 2018, 16:46 (2354 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But with CoO it was great. The Strikes were the story and it worked wonderfully. Yes, there needs to be more content as well, but the integration was nearly perfect. To the point that multiple hardcore Destiny players that you know from DBO did not realize they'd even played the Strikes after they beat the CoO storyline.

That’s because they were just story missions that got reused as Strikes. It was a lazy trick and it doesn’t work well at all. You don’t realize you “just played a strike” when you first go through them because they’re labeled as story missions and you go through them Solo. Why would it ever occur to anyone to think “hey, did I just play a Strike?”

Then, when you jump into the strike playlist, you get Osiris saying “oh, hey... that thing you already did? Yeah, I need you to do it again... for science...” and then you play through the exact same mission, but with 2 other guardians along for the ride.

I’m sorry, that is not good narrative integration. That is lazy re-use of content with barely any attempt to disguise the fact that Bungie was willfully misleading with their advertising of CoO. You (Bungie... not YOU, Raga) don’t get to say “X new story missions and Y new strikes” when the missions and strikes ARE THE SAME MISSIONS. I’ve had plenty of criticisms of Destiny over the years, but this is the closest I’ve ever come to being legitimately angry at Bungie, because at this point they’re just being insulting. No, Bungie... you actually cant just copy and paste the same missions into different activities and try to pass it off as more new content. It’s total BS.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread