Free To Play (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 05, 2018, 11:14 (2355 days ago) @ Ragashingo

But even so, I personally think the idea that a Halo game lines up anywhere near one to one with Destiny 1 on a cost basis is silly in the extreme. Yes, Destiny certainly cost more over its 3-ish year life time, but I think that cost is easily justified by the bug fixes and core game and UI additions, the ongoing flow of new single player and multiplayer content, and the ever changing and expanding weapon and armor options we received over Destiny's lifetime.

I just don’t honestly think any of that is relevant. Bungie are the ones that decided to make a game that is drastically more expensive to support. If they can’t do that on the price of a $60 game plus paid DLC, maybe they should re-evaluate the type of game they’re making instead of cramming in some bullshit paid lootboxes.

This is the “games are expensive to make” argument that I just think is complete trash.

And, so far, I think we are seeing this trend continue with Destiny 2. Sure, in many ways I wish Destiny and Destiny 2 were more Halo-like, but it typically took me less than a day to complete the single player of a Halo and three years before Bungie delivered its next campaign. In that regard, I like the Destiny model much much better.

I can respect that, and I’d agree with you if the content we got in Destiny was even as close to as good as we got in Halo. Needless to say, I don’t think it is.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread