Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 12:12 (2356 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Keep in mind, I don’t actually care that much. I largely just use dust to buy the things I want when I can. I can do that why also thinking it’s bullshit and wishing we just earned loot from doing activities directly like we used to.

Here’s the thing though. You do get those things from doing activities just like you used to. Bright engrams rain down constantly. In D1, you had zero control over whether you got those New Monarchy pants from the engram you just earned. In D2, you can melt stuff you don’t want and actually buy things you do want directly. Without spending any money. This is true iof all vendors. The other big difference is that people who don’t spend money aren’t excluded from the prizes.

I'm specifically talking about Sparrows, Ships, and Ghosts. Those all used to be in the real loot tables, and were often specific to activities or destinations. That's entirely more interesting that basically just having one giant loot table for the whole game like Bright Engrams. I think the Eververse actively made the game worse in terms of how it implements rewards and loot.

There's also the fact that I think microtransactions and paid loot boxes are bullshit to begin with. That's neither here nor there, I guess.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread