Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 07:15 (2356 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I say that because what does the dawning have to do with Eververse? I'm honestly curious, because the entirety of the dawning has been mostly spent with Ikora or off on a planet.

You know what? I hadn't really thought about it, but you might be right on that count, at least as far as being directed to Eververse explicitly. I would say that it is related, in that Dawning items can be purchased at Eververse, but I don't recall anything popping up directing me to actually go there.

I also have never had a problem with the compulsion to acquire every item and thus I haven't felt the need to spend money to get the items I don't have.

Same. I am somewhat interested in getting as many of the exotics as I can, just because I can dismantle those and get them back easily, so I'm not obligated to actually keep them all on hand. But trying to get all the ghosts or sparrows would just be an absurd proposition. I'd never have space for them.

the other difference is that I can actually purchase the stuff she is selling now with in-game currency and not money.

That's true, and it's a difference I hadn't really thought about until you spelled it out. Personally, I only buy things from her that I really think enhance the look I'm going for on a certain build, and I usually have enough bright dust from just playing to be able to afford those occasional items. Never spent a cent of actual money, and yet I've been able to get every Eververse item I've wanted in D2. Including a Dawning chest piece which FINALLY made my Dawnblade setup not look like he was wearing old rags he found in an alley.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread