Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 20:36 (2355 days ago) @ Harmanimus

But it is no more an act of tempting consumers than any other endeavor under capitalism. A lot of people treat this as exceptionally bad while accepting various systems in their daily lives as not predatory (which is not possible under capitalism) even when they do the same, or possibly more or worse, things to try to get you to spend on them.

My response to this is the same my as response to Kermit’s post earlier; some people play videogames for escapism. They want to get away from the norms of day to day life. Speaking for myself, I don’t find Eververse greatly offensive or anything like that. It doesn’t upset me. It just makes me roll my eyes a bit. I find it tacky and inelegant, and I do find it detracts from any chance of immersion in the world whenever I encounter it. And I don’t like the fact that every few months, the Eververse is becoming a larger portion of anything “new” that gets added to the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread