Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 10:42 (2356 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

Unless they make it so that you can't get duplicates from the Dawning engram (I'd be extremely surprised if they did that, given how everything else in the game works), you'd have to be extremely lucky to get all the Dawning armor without buying engrams.

Every piece of Dawning armor has been for sale. A complete set is trivial to obtain. I melt almost everything I get from eververse so I have a massive stack of dust currency or whatever it’s called. Never spent a dime.

Sure, I do too. But what if you want the ships AND the armor? You're kinda fucked. You can't keep both. You need the dust. Combine that with the fact that Dawning gifts don't even give you dust to begin with, and players literally can't collect all the things they want without throwing down money. Not to mention that Dawning armor is more expensive than the rest of the armor on offer for dust.

It's not anywhere near as trivial as you're dismissing it as being.

Wait. People have to choose what they want to pursue? They can only use the arcade tickets they've collected to redeem a few of the items behind the counter rather than all of them? This is insanity!

Sorry, but I cannot get upset about this. You're arguing for a hypothetical user here. I feel like lots of people are doing this. "Think of the poor guy who HAS to collect everything and wont be able to. He's going to HAVE to shell out money for it!" You just told me you are sitting on loads of dust and don't feel tempted. Most people in this thread have said they've never felt the urge to buy from eververse but they argue for that poor other dude who has to have whatever bits and bobbles are available and use him as a rhetorical device to justify this narrative that Bungie is sleazy. It feels really disingenuous. I'm by no means a Bungie apologist, but I really don't get this one.

Everything you’re saying is totally fair. I would just point out that it is possible to not feel tempted to shell out real money while still being thoroughly turned off by Bungie’s attempts to tempt us. At least, that’s where I land.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread