From my perspective, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:24 (2356 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

I wish there was a system where we could only pick up certain types of weapons in the campaign. For instance, an SMG or a grenade launcher would be an option to pick up, but it would be your MIDI Minitool or Wicked Sister if you'd unlocked those options. If the designer wanted to give you something special, they'd give you a particular exotic to pick up. I think this would allow the designers to go deeper into how areas feel in terms of pacing and combat. Right now, combat is largely same-y outside of raid encounters.

Or some system where you couldn't just switch weapons at will. I'm not saying this is the solution, but if every activity was locked loadout, you'd have to think a little more with your weapon selection. You could steamroll one part, but then be at a disadvantage in the next.

I feel like this isn't even possible though because of the double primary thing. You're always going to have something for the proper range on hand.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread