Is Bungie trapped between a rock and a hard place? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Monday, January 08, 2018, 11:38 (2352 days ago) @ ManKitten

I can't really speak for Cody, but I'd imagine a lot of it is just publicly available info/things that would be known to people around here (not implying that everyone here knows every detail of Bungie history, but there's a solid collective knowledge).

In my own case, I started hanging around somewhere between Halo 1 and 2, so I don't know much about ONI and earlier, but it's known to me that Halo 1 changed drastically from a top-down RTS to a 3rd person, then 1st person shooter during its development. I don't know if that's a reboot in the "oh crap, nothing works and we have to start over" sense, but it's beginning again. I would say that's known to many people around here. Same goes for Halo 2 - it's generally known that large chunks of that game were thrown out partway through and it was effectively restarted. However, I've heard no such stories about Halo 3, ODST (although one could argue that its marketing was rebooted, LOLOLOL), or Reach.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread