Nailed it. +1 (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 16:28 (2355 days ago) @ dogcow

Yeah, I played it w/ 3 other guys (my bro-in-law & 2 of his friends) & it was just kindof... meh. It had the fun of playing a co-op FPS, but it wasn't as cool of an experience to me as playing Destiny w/ a others. (maybe that's because I didn't know 2 of the guys that well? I dunno).

Edit: Also, the loot being shared was awkward & not fun. I don't like having to be careful about what I pickup & robbing a buddy of a gun he could benefit from, also trying to weigh who needs it more. Yeah, I know people have written apps to handle drops & make them 'fair', but seriously, that shouldn't be necessary.

TBH, I think those things are directly related. I had a group I used to play BL2 with, and I don't remember feeling weird about anything. Having played enough together helps a lot, not just because it's less tense arguing over a drop, but because there's often no need to. We all had our preferred characters, and certain things just make sense for certain characters and builds, and we had all played enough to know those things. So, often, there was consensus on who should get what without any discussion. We definitely would never have resorted to an app, and it kind of weirds me out that such a thing exists.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread