Why the Eververse hate? - A couple points (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 18:26 (2356 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

A) 1 thing some people take issue with in a big way is the sheer amount of total “new content” being added to the game through eververse. Specifically, if you look at all the “new” items added to the game with the latest expansion, about 60% of them are Eververse items. This makes people feel like the MTX storefront is taking up a larger and larger portion of their game.

So the problem I have with this argument is that the vast majority of those things are stuff you don't know about until you receive it in an engram (purchased or earned) - unless you're poring over the mined loot tables.

Eververse (the Eververse most of us see) sells what... about 10 things at a time? THAT is what's "in my face" when I visit Tess. All those sparrows and ships and shaders and ghosts I'm getting every time I earn an engram? Those are freebies, things I'd never heard of until they appeared in my inventory.

I can't really get behind the '60%' number because I can't BUY those things (except in loot boxes, maybe, if my RNG luck is good enough). My personal experience with Eververse is that I've EARNED about 80 things, and BEEN GIVEN THE OPTION TO BUY another 30 more (with a little bit of overlap), in the past 3 weeks. I cannot, for the life of me, see how this is Bungie (or Activision, or whoever) forcing me to pay money for stuff.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread