Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Wednesday, January 03, 2018, 19:01 (2356 days ago) @ MacAddictXIV

I think it's more to do with the way those microtransactions are presented, e.g. The Dawning, which is a huge event that exists pretty much entirely to advertise new MTX to the end user.

Wait... what Dawning are you talking about? I've done pretty much everything the dawning has to offer and I've never gotten the feeling like I'm be paraded to Eververse.

...I'm not sure how you can say that. I'm not sure how anyone could say that.

The entire end-game level up mechanism has been hijacked into a promotional opportunity for Eververse.

When you earn enough XP for a level, you used to either ding, or get a mote, an in-game currency that could be exchanged either for in-game items or other in-game currency, in a system that was entirely separate from the isolated Eververse economy, that had its own currency and its own items.

Now, every level ding is an engram that requires going to Eververse to decode, reminding everyone that Eververse exists, and there is stuff you can only get there. And if you don't get it by luck, well you can pay to increase your chances (loot boxes).

Illuminated engrams are basically just free loot boxes.

I'm seriously considering sharding all my illuminated engrams rather than going to Eververse... ever again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread