Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 15:14 (2356 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

That's fair. I'm not sure having to grind one activity specifically for something is better than playing how you want to get it, but I see what you're saying.

I said in another post somewhere that I can definitely see the argument for the current way being better. I just don't think it feels as good. I pointed to the Black Spindle mission for the ship. That feels like a cool reward for a cool activity. Now it's just a bunch of activities that all feel the same for a bunch of random crap that all feels pretty much the same.

For the record, I think I would be happier if Eververse did not exist in Destiny. My main quibble is the sense that D2 eververse is worse than D1 Eververse. My experience is that it is significantly better. If I have to have Eververse around (and it appears I do), I want D2's implementation.

I honestly can't compare. I visited the D1 Eververse all of like two times. If anything, it was safely ignorable, which makes it better in my opinion. All of the cool customization items weren't tied to it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread