From my perspective, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Friday, January 05, 2018, 20:00 (2354 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Couldn’t disagree more. I’m glad you enjoyed it, truly :) But for me, Bungie is *this close* to loosing me as a customer. I’ve made many criticisms towards Destiny, but I’ve always been the first one to rush to Bungie’s defence and sing Destiny’s praise when it came down to it. But CoO is, in my estimation, flagrantly insulting to us as customers. I’ve already paid for the next expansion, so I’m along for the ride for the time being. But if we get more of this quality level of content releases in the near future, I’m done :(

Nah, I think you’ve been done for a good while now. Totally not trying to be insulting or anything, but from the things you’ve said and have been saying I think you’re here because of friendships(?) and inertia. Not because of anything Bungie has done. From story, to characters, to gameplay, you’ve been so negative and even preemptively negative on so many parts of Destiny 2 that you’re either kidding us or kidding yourself about Bungie losing you as a customer. They’ve lost you already, you just happen to still have a preorder for another batch of content you aren’t going to like. :(

Either that, or you’re making idle threats. Not like we haven’t see those around here. ..

That seems incredibly unfair. Cruel has pretty staunchly defended Bungie for what they do right, and it's not his fault he remains optimistic that they might one day actually live up the reputation they've built for themselves but have failed to come close to since Reach.

I think Curse of Osiris is just fine for what it is (The Raid Lair goes a long way towards making it worth the money for me), but it's hard for me to see it as anything other than half-baked, even bordering on lazy (and I think calling developers lazy is really unfair--I don't think Bungie is anything approaching lazy). But goddamn it, it's hard for me to care when it seems painfully obvious that Bungie doesn't. If they did we wouldn't even be having this debate. Curse of Osiris is exactly the type of content we wouldn't have seen out of Bungie pre-Destiny. I'm all for working smarter, not harder, but I have a hard time believing many people working there said "Yeah, let's just record some new dialogue and stuff it into the Pyrmidion strike and put that in the campaign, that'd be really cool!" rather than just knowing they needed something to pad out the laughable campaign they were putting together, or that anyone though it was super awesome to add a few new lines of dialogue to a mission then throw it in the Strikes playlist and call it a fucking day.

More and more, I get the impression that Bungie is struggling to stay ahead of the curve. They've signed some ridiculous deal with little to no leeway for delaying content, lest Activision get to take total control of the IP, so they're just scrambling to throw stuff together. Maybe that's completely off-base and Curse of Osiris is exactly the thing they wanted to make, but I'd be really depressed if that was true.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread