From my perspective, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, January 05, 2018, 20:11 (2354 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Couldn’t disagree more. I’m glad you enjoyed it, truly :) But for me, Bungie is *this close* to loosing me as a customer. I’ve made many criticisms towards Destiny, but I’ve always been the first one to rush to Bungie’s defence and sing Destiny’s praise when it came down to it. But CoO is, in my estimation, flagrantly insulting to us as customers. I’ve already paid for the next expansion, so I’m along for the ride for the time being. But if we get more of this quality level of content releases in the near future, I’m done :(

Nah, I think you’ve been done for a good while now. Totally not trying to be insulting or anything, but from the things you’ve said and have been saying I think you’re here because of friendships(?) and inertia.

Untrue. I loved Destiny 2 when it came out, and said so many times. I’ve also expressed why I don’t think Destiny 2 is as much fun to play on a regular basis for weeks and weeks after launch, while also stating that I don’t think that’s a bad thing.

Not because of anything Bungie has done. From story, to characters, to gameplay, you’ve been so negative and even preemptively negative on so many parts of Destiny 2 that you’re either kidding us or kidding yourself about Bungie losing you as a customer.

I’ve gotta challenge you on the “preemptively negative” part. I’ve talked about my likes and dislikes, parts of the game I’ve enjoyed and the parts I haven’t. But I cannot remember a single time when I’ve been preemptively negative about something... certainly not without due cause (I think it is 100% reasonable to say, at this point today, that the chances of the story being great in the next expansion are slim. But I would also express my HOPE that Bungie turns that trend around).

They’ve lost you already, you just happen to still have a preorder for another batch of content you aren’t going to like. :(

Before CoO, I was 100% on board with Destiny 2. I have a very casual relationship with the game at the moment, and that works great for me. I love the time I spend with it.

There are elements of the game that I don’t like so much, but that’s totally fine and cool. CoO is the first time I’ve ever felt like Bungie has ripped me off.

Either that, or you’re making idle threats. Not like we haven’t see those around here. ..

Not from me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread