Why the Eververse hate? - A couple points (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 09:32 (2356 days ago) @ narcogen

I guess I get the discomfort with being able to buy a chance to get something that gives you some kind of buff, but otherwise I can't relate. Do the people bothered by this live in a city? When they walk past shop windows and see things that they COULD BUY (if they chose to), is that traumatic for them?

No, and this is in no way analogous, which I think you know.

What it is analogous to is having a homeowners' association vote to mandatorily place a vending machine in your living room after you've paid for the house.

That might be a slight exaggeration, Narc.

How about the vending machine is installed in your condo lobby, in prominent view, after you bought in? That seems closer to what we're faced with here. I don't live in the tower, I don't relax in the tower, I spend the vast majority of my time in other places and visit the tower when I need to get stuff.

That vending machine is tacky, sure, and maybe it annoys you every time you enter or leave the building, for a second... but it's not in your living room.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread