Free To Play (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Saturday, January 06, 2018, 11:01 (2354 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Yeah, that statement is true, but as I outlined, Destiny received much more support and updates and content over its lifespan than any of the Bungie Halos did. And that I think the total cost for Destiny 1 + its expansions was very much justified by the amount of new single player and multiplayer content and UI additions and new features we got over that period. (And that, again, I do think micro transactions had much to do with all that.)

Halo came out on one platform. Destiny came out on 4.

I hate to break it to you, but a company like Blizzard made more content FOR FREE for a game like Diablo 2 than Bungie ever did with Destiny. If you want to look at a modern AAA example, look no further than Witcher 3.

We paid money for that vast majority of the new stuff in Destiny. But that stuff was spread out into multiple releases because of that, instead of being tightly integrated into a bigger whole.

It's time to just raise the price of the base game, and give us the bigger package all at once. Games are the cheapest they have ever been in history. You paid about 50% more for an NES game back in the day than you do for an AAA game now (figuring inflation). Isn't that bonkers?! And you could make an NES game in like 4 months. Games now take much more time, skill, and talent to make.

Why aren't we being charged what it's actually worth?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread