Why the Eververse hate? - A couple points (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 09:28 (2356 days ago) @ bluerunner

So the problem I have with this argument is that the vast majority of those things are stuff you don't know about until you receive it in an engram (purchased or earned) - unless you're poring over the mined loot tables.

If you hit preview on the bright engram (Y on Xbox), you can see the entire loot table. No need to look for mined data. That works for all vendors. That was the first thing I checked when the DLC dropped.

Huh. You learn something new every day.

Okay - so I get a bunch of pictures, right? No stats? (Or is the interface good enough that once the full list is up, I can preview each item and see its perks and such? I'd be surprised if that were the case.)

So I can see a bunch of thumbnails of sparrows, and a few pieces of armor - cool. Doesn't really tell me anything, though. I still need an actual (probably mined) loot table to see which things are things I actually WANT.

And, with stuff like Ghosts and Sparrows, the perks are random, rolled when you receive the item - even LESS useful to look over ahead of time.

Eh. Doesn't really change my mind very much. And certainly doesn't change the numbers I listed later in the post you answered.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread