Why the Eververse hate? (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, January 04, 2018, 19:08 (2355 days ago) @ unoudid

Everything you’re saying is totally fair. I would just point out that it is possible to not feel tempted to shell out real money while still being thoroughly turned off by Bungie’s attempts to tempt us. At least, that’s where I land.

This is fair. I just feel like D2's implementation of Eververse is far superior to the D1 version because I actually have the chance to pick up the occasional thing that catches my fancy. In D1, it was pretty much unobtainable. Sure, it is more in my face, but its also not exclusive to those willing to part with their money.

Maybe I'm missing something. But in D1 we had the silver dust vendor kiosk where we could straight up buy pieces we were missing anytime we wanted. Plus once we unlocked items they were removed from the loot pool. How is D2 better? In D1 we had kiosks that unlocked the special ghosts, ships and sparrows we received from those events. I am baffled that you feel D2 has a better system.

This is totally off the cuff with nothing factual to back it up, but I might guess that the D2 Eververse has so much more stuff in it, that it’s less obvious to any single one of us how much stuff we’re missing/haven’t got yet.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread