It's Over - said the narcissist. (Destiny)

by Miguel Chavez, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 08:25 (3197 days ago) @ Cody Miller

One down! (though you're selfish and egotistical enough that I bet like car15 you'll come back, though for different reasons: crowing how you were right to come back, because Bungie did a/b/c)

(really who are we kidding here, you've said many 'goodbyes' over the year before when you thought the game stunk - but you always leave a little weasel room to come back)

Now to work on the friendly Canadian and few others and this forum could be 'right' for once. For CL, he doesn't have to leave, he would just have to change. *You* have to leave because I see no change coming from within you - you just don't have that humility. Even your 'goodbye' post is full of boasting and penis waving, but posts like CL's below shows there's still so much work to be done. I used the word 'insidious' and I mean it. It's such a subtle, agile virus - this infector of tone and entitlement.

A forum of intelligent 'self-aware' posts that can easily flip between the fun had in the game along with the occasional wonder about the potential 9 years of expansion, of how tough it is to make a game this broad in scope and appeal, about how they hit the mark more often than not, about how 90% of the time user frustration is *user created*, about peering past the sociological aspects of game playing and being content that things are working out just fine? Well, that would be the dream, no? For me at least.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm the lone minority here (with a handful of fellow compatriots but you take my meaning). You guys (and gals) love to navel gaze and armchair quarterback. You folks can do no wrong, you're opinions are all correct and Bungie is a stupid, disorganized, barely-believe-they-can-exist company that has somehow suckered you all into playing for hours. How clever are you all for seeing through their grift and spotting them for the idiots they are? Oh, very clever! But let's stick around, *maybe* Bungie learned their lesson and NOW they'll properly fetch your coffee exactly as you expect it.

I wonder who is the battered wife and the battering husband? (An ugly analogy you introduced, but I'll roll with it)

Carry on, gents, carry on.

- M (pooping in your cereal since '95)

p.s. And for the 'authentic-not-playing-a-character' non-Cody-Miller persona that's buried down there somewhere: Have a good life and seeya starside.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread