Woah... Hold on a sec (Destiny)

by slycrel ⌂, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 05:40 (3196 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

Huh.

Huh.

I get that you want to have 8 different conversations at the same time. However, you mixing your spectrum of disorders that you see with the bungie community at large and boiling those down to personal attacks for people on this forum, to incite a discussion, really don't help your cause at all. It just makes you look like one of the hateful internet mob you say you're fighting, even if your cause is different than theirs.

If you have a case, surely you can make that case without bringing personal attacks into it? I mean you even admitted that you're going over the top to try and spark reaction, and that your reply is more to the community as a whole (beyond this forum) rather than the named people in the post.

You really can't see why people have a problem with that? Even if they agree that the community overall could be better?

I play this game primarily because of it's social nature. Just like Marathon coop, jsut like Halo LAN parties. It's the shared experience that keeps me coming back. That's about individuals. And you're throwing rocks at individuals that I've played with, and had a good time with. Their opinions about all things destiny don't always line up with mine. That's okay, that's life.

In my eyes it's posts like yours that are a problem on this forum, not the prevailing bungie culture. That's why I'm choosing to be here, not on reddit, not on bungie.net or wherever... because of the positive, friendly nature of this forum and the people who come here.

I am disappointed that you can't see things from that angle. Or maybe worse, you are ignoring that, because of a discussion that none of us but you want to have, taken from elsewhere and brought here. Because that's what this really feels like. A discussion you really want to have, based on a whole ton of discussions you've seen or been part of before. Not one that reflects the reality of this forum.

If you want to have a discussion, have a discussion. No need to try and piss on someone's goodbye coffin and yell good riddance, while calling out the rest of the living.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread