+1 Million (Destiny)

by someotherguy, Hertfordshire, England, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 15:57 (3196 days ago) @ dogcow
edited by someotherguy, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 16:14

I've had similar discussions with Mig before. My understanding is this:

Mig doesn't have to be polite. He leaves that to Kermit and Claude and Levi because he doesn't believe in it. Being polite is useless; the only way to "save" this forum is by killing the disease. He's the hero we deserve - the harsh words and "a slap in the face" to "wake up" this forum before we succumb to the disgusting miscreants who dare to express an opinion that differs from his. He is the saviour (and yes, in topics past I really have got the impression that he feels this way), rescuing us from ourselves.

Mig, I really don't like speaking ill of someone like this, and Kermit sings your praises so you must be an alright guy, but this is ridiculous. You are not a hero. You're not a saviour. You're not preaching improvement, you're preaching hate. Yes, there are voices in this forum that can be negative, or overbearing, or both. Hell, Cody annoys me sometimes too, but you anger me. You act like you don't have to be nice, because you're special. It's okay because you're well-meaning. But a well-meaning asshole is still an asshole.

The funny thing is, for all this talk of an insidious virus corrupting and ruining this forum, I can't think of anyone as caustic, intolerant or toxic as you.

EDIT: Anyone who's played with me will know I'm normally a very upbeat, positive person, so you can see how much this has bothered me. I already regret this post a little but I won't delete it. This is how angry this kind of rudeness makes me. Intolerance is unacceptable to me. Acceptance and compromise is one of our greatest human achievements. Exclusion one of our worst. Yes, I realise that's a little melodramatic - I'm feeling very self-conscious about this whole thing to be honest. But the idea that we need to "change" (indoctrinate?) people or get rid of them altogether in order to have a "good" or "right" forum is vile to me. I apologise if anyone feels like I've been needlessly rude.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread