Too long; do not read (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 15:44 (3195 days ago) @ Kermit

In Bungie fandom these days the liturgy is Dinklage sucks, the progression system sucks, the story sucks, exclusives suck, Grimoire should be in the game, Activision is evil, Bungie isn’t Bungie anymore, we deserve a game that does such-and-such, and on and on. You have to dig through all of this to find any joy and wonder at what Bungie has created. If Randall Glass made the Warthog Jump video today, someone would point out how lame it is that all the ragdoll animations are the same, and someone else would say we should just be able to drop grenades and it shouldn’t require so much work.

Well, hold on a minute. I think grimoire would be a lot better in the game. But I think what you're saying is that basically, if you were to say you liked the story, you need to start by heading people off at the pass by saying "Grimoire should obviously be in the game, but here's what I liked about the story presentation." Like some people who apologize for being white American male before talking about almost anything.

Is that the case?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread