It's Over - said the narcissist. (Destiny)

by dogcow @, Hiding from Bob, in the vent core., Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 13:36 (3196 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

One down! (though you're selfish and egotistical enough that I bet like car15 you'll come back, though for different reasons: crowing how you were right to come back, because Bungie did a/b/c)

(really who are we kidding here, you've said many 'goodbyes' over the year before when you thought the game stunk - but you always leave a little weasel room to come back)

Now to work on the friendly Canadian and few others and this forum could be 'right' for once. For CL, he doesn't have to leave, he would just have to change. *You* have to leave because I see no change coming from within you - you just don't have that humility. Even your 'goodbye' post is full of boasting and penis waving, but posts like CL's below shows there's still so much work to be done. I used the word 'insidious' and I mean it. It's such a subtle, agile virus - this infector of tone and entitlement.

Wow. Just, wow.

It's one thing to be critical of Bungie as a company and the games they've produced, but it's entirely another to level such hate filled personal attacks at people. I do not like posts such as this last one. They make this forum feel very hostile and not a place I like to be. Miguel, I recognize you've been a large part of the *BO community for decades, I remember reading your posts way back in the early 2000's. But lately I've seen some posts by you that have been so full of acrimony that I've been shocked by them. I can understand the attacks that have been leveled at car15. He's been very trollish and hasn't really contributed anything, but I just don't understand the personal attacks at Cody. Yes, he's been quite critical of the game, probably one of the loudest voices decrying some of the flaws of Destiny, but he's also been a very helpful and positively a contributing community member.

Now what the crap is so wrong w/ Cruel? Sure, he's posted some criticisms, but overall he's an upbeat community builder. Gee whiz, I've made one post expressing my frustrations with the perks, does that mean I need to leave or change?

I dunno, to see poison like this, especially from such a veteran of the community, is disappointing to me and ruins the good feel of the DBO community for me.

-- Disappointed DogCow

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread