Woah... Hold on a sec (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 05:25 (3196 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez
edited by CruelLEGACEY, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 05:30

Thanks for taking the time to write back. I'm going to try to keep this short.

Here's what I feel is at the heart of the matter: Bungie ASKS for constructive feedback. They tell us they like it, want it, need it. You seem to feel that any (literally ANY) criticism leveled at Destiny or Bungie is a sign of some sort of addiction-fueled entitlement. That's fine. You are obviously entitled to your opinions, We don't see eye to eye there, and that's totally cool. (Although I must point out that the game we're all here to talk about is better today than it was at launch, in no small part to the constructive feedback from the community).

Where I have a problem is with your repeated assertions that any if us who enjoy healthy, respectful, and constructive discussions about what we like and dislike about the game are some sort of virus or cancer that must be purged if DBO is to be "saved". You've described your ideal version of DBO, and seemed surprised when I said I can't see the positive in it. I stand by my words specifically because of what you don't allow. Instead of saying to yourself "I don't enjoy those kinds of discussions, I'll just ignore them" you have gone out of your way to make me and several others feel entirely unwelcome. Coming from you, I find this behavior extremely disappointing.

You said it yourself: you barely post here. I wish you would post more often, and maybe spend more time participating in the countless fun, helpful, and insightful discussions that go in here daily. Before today, I was just thinking to myself how great the vibe has been here lately. Pretty much everyone has been getting along nicely.

In the past couple months, the strongest sources of drama and frustration that I've witnessed have actually been some of your recent posts. I know you are coming from a place of love for DBO, but all I can suggest to you is that perhaps DBO doesn't actually need "saving".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread