Cold turkey? (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 00:09 (3196 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah this is my main feeling about the game overall. The "empty calories" or whatever you want to call them are mostly when you decide to keep playing when there isn't anything left to do. The fact that the actual moment to moment gameplay is so good (and the people to play with so awesome) is what keeps most of us coming back, not the "addictive" mechanics (I use quotes because I've never had an issue with playing when I don't want to play). But hey, if people like Cody think they are being abused by the game, yeah take a big break, or quit, no reason to keep playing a game if you think it's hurting you.

Haha. I'm the same when it comes to "addictive" games and their mechanics. I fully believe they exist, and I've seen their effects on others, but they've never had an impact on me. I seriously enjoy playing Destiny, and I have something like 15 days played total. Standard campaign missions mostly bore me or can't offer me anything at this point, and I've played the Raids to death. Cutting down to weekly game nights was just a way for me to maximize my general free time and my Destiny enjoyment as a whole. Once Taken King comes out, though, I bet I'm back on Destiny nonstop for a good long while if it's as meaty as it seems like it will be. I'm pretty excited.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread