Yes let's go Dutch! (Destiny)

by nico, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 15:21 (3196 days ago) @ Vortech

I just re-read my post and your response Vortech, and Shedonnardus' post, and am just starting to embark on Mig's novella, and something occurred to me:

It's not that I don't like Cody. That category is reserved for things like Comcast and enemy warlocks who resurrect and beat the piss out of me. What rubs me is that in order to get into the insights about the game he has (and he does have insights), I have to dig through layers of (stealing Mig's word here) narcissistic fluff and imperious ultimata.

It's like those giant Spanish oranges I used to eat when I was a kid: they were sweet and delicious, but it was a giant pain to peel them (the skin would be fused to the flesh), and you made a sticky mess every time.

You know who else is like that? Me. As anyone who knows me will tell you, I'm a sanctimonious jerk, especially when it comes to Bungie games. "LET ME TELL YOU HOW TO DO THIS, SON." I sometimes have a small twinkle in my eye, or the beginnings of a smirk, sometimes not.

And so I wonder if I pick at Mr. Miller because those unpleasant layers remind me of... me. (Have you noticed all I've talked about is ME, MY oranges, MY personality… hmm, narcissist you say Nico? All that's left is for you to talk about yourself in the 3rd person.)

We all share a deep passion for Bungie games, a disease really, and many of us have contributed to that end, ranging from opening homes (a place to stay), server space, job opportunities, free meals, you name it.

Some of us (I put myself at the top of the list) are a little dysfunctional when it comes to addressing matters that are close to the heart (Bungie.) The only person I would exclude for sure from that list is Buddha Claude, and maybe that's why he's the perfect overlord for not just DBO, but b.org in general.

Shedonnardus is 1000% correct in his post below -- we're all pretty similar when it comes to a real life conversation, and that will be proven if/when we all have lunch together (split the check.)

Also, fuck you Mig, not for whatever content is in your War & Peace posts, but because it's going to take me half a day to read through all of it. [wink / smiley face / twinkle.]

<3

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread