What the bloody hell is going on? (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 15:44 (3196 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Is there something in the water?

Cruel. I have a guard in Mayflower #3 named Nevin. You're a great poster in my book and well-balanced. You contribute content and generate respectful attitudes.

Cody also contributes a lot. He records cutscenes for BO and more. He creates great, insightful threads. He also creates crazy threads and sometimes comes off insulting or condescending and has irked me in the past. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for his posts and I'll just skip past. But his forum presence is not ONLY that. That's likely why he generates such drama and discussion - because he isn't a troll. He just sometimes sounds like one online.

Mig is also a nice guy. I have fond memories of my girlfriend making fun of his pink phone. And I think I understand some of Mig's root frustrations and sentiments in his post. But I don't know how a post worded like that would have a constructive impact...

I can get why a person would feel that way that towards Cody, perhaps. Sometimes he posts a lot of negative threads with scandalous titles in quick succession and it can feel overwhelming when you just want to come here and share some fun you had in the game. And there ARE some naysayers here that contribute nothing but now-cliche, empty negative responses that have no intention in generating discussion. They have done so to the point where when something cool happens or I accomplish something in Destiny I don't usually mention it here anymore. I go to Twitter instead. And that sucks.

But Cruel is definitely not one of those people. I can only assume Mig mistook Cruel for someone else or accidentally lumped him into an incorrect group in his mind. Out of all the people to single out, mentioning CL felt completely out of left field (correct sports term usage?).

...Damnit people, be nice!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread