Feedback. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 04:51 (3196 days ago) @ Funkmon

I definitely like Feedback over Criticism. Constructive criticism should be welcome in any topic while Feedback implies "I want to say something AT Bungie", which definitely might be something worth avoiding from time to time.

I still think the best thing to promote first is searching the forum and see what's been posted, and be mindful of your own post history. Cody Miller's complaints weren't nearly as irksome to some as they were the fifth time he posted them that month. And I've told Cody that before, and I think it applies to all of us. We all have our rants, sometimes about the game, sometimes about the people ranting about the game, but if we can condense our frustrations into cleaner and crisper criticism and not try to broadcast it continually, I believe it will actually be more representative and effective and less disruptive in the long run.

I've also written posts in anger and then just left the page before hitting 'Submit'. That's another great tactic for weeding out your anger from your criticism. You can come back, still feel like you vented something off your conscience, but without spreading it to a medium already full of harsh words and hyperbole.

I am an ardent believer that calm, considerate discussion shines the most, especially when the world and the Internet is so full of noise.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread