Every angry person here should read this. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 19:30 (3195 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Beyond that, some personal responsibility (maybe confidence is the better word?) needs to be at work here as well. All my life, people have been telling me that Legend is a terrible movie. But I love it anyway, and I'm not remotely shy or afraid to say so. My friends have trying to convince me for years that "everyone loves Final Fantasy 7!". They tell me I'm crazy because I don't like it. How much do I let that effect me? Not at all. Just last week, Cody told me he "wasn't so sure about me anymore" because I love Journey so much (the PS4 game, and also the band). I told him I couldn't hear him over the sound of my Hawkmoon, then went and played more Journey and had a great time.

I hated FF7, but enjoy the ancillary material/games well enough (Advent Chillenz, Dirge of Cerberus, parodies)... But yeah, 7 was a snoozefest when I was nine, and only got worse as I got older (Resident Evil 2 came out around the time FF7 was becoming a big deal around where I live, and so my experience with how awesome games could be had been tainted), the final nail was FF8, which was (and is) amazing.

*Journey Spoilz*
Also, Journey caught me off guard. Totally did not expect running into another player, much less completing the journey with him/her. The trek through the snow as we were both slowly dying, but fighting to stay together anyway without a single word (other than our quieting pings) was something else, and I don't know how that couldn't affect someone in some way unless they are simply horrible cynics.
*End Spoilz*

As for Legend, while I didn't personally like it, I know the feeling. I've watched Battlefield Earth a half dozen times, and nobody believes me when I tell them how great it is, so who knows? I know this one guy who doesn't love critically-acclaimed films that are perfection in nearly every way, but enjoys films that I have outright hated, so it kind of shows you how broad tastes can be, even sometimes seeming to be flat-out wrong.

That said, we shouldn't get our jimmies rustled when someone calls us out by name. Just means that your perspective has impacted them deeper than that of others, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread