Not sure... (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 19:54 (3195 days ago) @ Vortech

I think there was more charming creativity on HBO because the games had creative tools and advanced recording tools in them. I think there is a reason forge and theater are VERY common items on the wish list here but I don't recall ever seeing it on b.net or reddit, etc.

Eh. Forge didn't come along until Halo 3, but I was busy for hours a day, every day, cataloging creative stuff the community put together in the 8 years between when HBO opened and when Halo 3 launched.

The Destiny community is MUCH bigger than the Halo community (part of that is 4 platforms, part of that is that more people game now than 10 years ago, etc)... and yet the 'creative' output is lower.

I certainly take responsibility for DBO not highlighting more of this stuff; I don't HAVE hours a day any more for this job, and I think that there's DEFINITELY a relationship between acknowledgement and more creativity... but even on places like Reddit (which, in terms of traffic, is orders of magnitude bigger than we are) it's not happening with the same regularity.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread