Woah... Hold on a sec (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 10:36 (3197 days ago) @ Miguel Chavez

Now to work on the friendly Canadian and few others and this forum could be 'right' for once. For CL, he doesn't have to leave, he would just have to change.

Woah... I didn't realize my being here (among others) was preventing this forum from being "right" in your eyes.

*You* have to leave because I see no change coming from within you - you just don't have that humility. Even your 'goodbye' post is full of boasting and penis waving, but posts like CL's below shows there's still so much work to be done. I used the word 'insidious' and I mean it. It's such a subtle, agile virus - this infector of tone and entitlement.

I think, I know the answer to this, but I'd appreciate it if you could specify which post below you are referring to.

A forum of intelligent 'self-aware' posts that can easily flip between the fun had in the game along with the occasional wonder about the potential 9 years of expansion, of how tough it is to make a game this broad in scope and appeal, about how they hit the mark more often than not, about how 90% of the time user frustration is *user created*, about peering past the sociological aspects of game playing and being content that things are working out just fine? Well, that would be the dream, no? For me at least.

I'm trying to see the positive side of your words here, but I can't. You've made posts along these lines before, and it often comes across as "talk about this game the way I want you to or GTFO". You've expressed that you have no tolerance for armchair game design... That's fine. Is it so bad that others do? Why is any comment or question on design indicative of this insidious virus you speak of? You rally against anything you perceive as narcissistic or self-important, yet you are completely intolerant of people who discuss aspects of a game you're not interested in. And you get quite hostile in the process.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm the lone minority here (with a handful of fellow compatriots but you take my meaning). You guys (and gals) love to navel gaze and armchair quarterback. You folks can do no wrong, you're opinions are all correct and Bungie is a stupid, disorganized, barely-believe-they-can-exist company that has somehow suckered you all into playing for hours. How clever are you all for seeing through their grift and spotting them for the idiots they are? Oh, very clever! But let's stick around, *maybe* Bungie learned their lesson and NOW they'll properly fetch your coffee exactly as you expect it.

I'm not sure if you are really addressing Cody directly, or all of "us" (those you see as a problem on these forums). But you say "you guys and gals", so I'm going to assume you are still addressing me. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are addressing me along with others, how can you possibly say these things about me? I have my opinions, as we all do. I have my likes and dislikes. The vast majority of my posts are positive thoughts on the game. When I do have a criticism or concern, I am careful to voice my opinion within the frame of constructive criticisms. Bungie themselves have told us over and over that they like to hear constructive feedback. Many of the changes the community has suggested have gone straight into the game. So I point stuff out whenever I think of it, but not once have I ever said anything that deserves this:

You folks can do no wrong, you're opinions are all correct and Bungie is a stupid, disorganized, barely-believe-they-can-exist company that has somehow suckered you all into playing for hours

I'm going to be blunt. You make me want to stop posting here. I'm still a relatively new face around here at DBO, but I've lurked HBO for years. I have all the respect in the world for you. In my mind, you're one of the founding fathers who made HBO what it was, and DBO what it is. So when you describe me the way that you did above, I take it to heart. You have, in the past, inferred that you say the things that others won't because they're too nice (you've mentioned Claude and Levi specifically)... more people I respect and look up to. So I believe you. But I also feel you are 100% wrong in your assessment of me.

Either way, maybe I should just fuck off.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread