I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT I AM READING (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 15:18 (3196 days ago) @ CyberKN

You are misconstruing what's being said (which is not entirely on you, wording things perfectly, and interpreting people's intentions in written form is difficult, if not downright impossible). Funkmon is referring to the trend on the Internet in general (which does manifest on this forum as well) to not just complain or criticize, but to act like the company somehow wronged you by providing a product you do not like. In pre-Internet-rage days if you did not like a product you may complain about it you friends, but would usually respond in a number of ways such as: return the product/ask for your money back, refuse to buy a future product, or contact the company to have them help you resolve concerns you may have. Then move on with their lives, not really thinking about this anymore.

While obviously this is not all possible with a product such as Destiny, the Internet has mostly abandoned that kind of reaction completely, and instead talks about how the company that provided such a product is terrible, stupid, and selfish (this is putting it incredibly mildly compared to how the Internet usually words it). Then continue to harp on this point instead of moving on. While CruelLegacy does not fit that description (and Funkmon admits his memory is not perfect below), I believe that was the kind of post Funkmon was referring to, which IS a problem, no matter the product unless it physically harmed you.

The reason you may think Funkmon is saying this about any criticism is because of this line: "When you criticise the game you give off a sense of entitlement (things like trying to get access to what you already paid for or whatever you said)." Which was not intended as a general "you" meaning anyone criticizing the game at all, in this instance it was a specific "you" (addressing Cruel Legacy), which if you continue down the concern appears to be resolved.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread