Too long; do not read (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 20:20 (3195 days ago) @ Xenos

Well, hold on a minute. I think grimoire would be a lot better in the game. But I think what you're saying is that basically, if you were to say you liked the story, you need to start by heading people off at the pass by saying "Grimoire should obviously be in the game, but here's what I liked about the story presentation." Like some people who apologize for being white American male before talking about almost anything.

Is that the case?

Well I also think he's talking about the fact that several us have no problem with it being online only. Which people actually take offense to for some reason, like the few of us that just plain don't mind would somehow sway Bungie to say "Ah nevermind, Xenos says it's fine online, scrap putting it in game!"

(And yes I mean that, I have ZERO issues with it being online only. Would it bother me if they put in game? Not at all, but I am ambivalent to it happening.)

Interesting thing about that: it makes me want to tell you not only do I disagree with you about the Grimoire, but you're wrong, even though that's very unlikely to go anywhere enjoyable or enlightening... and I'm not sure why. As you point out, your opinion probably not going to change what happens or doesn't happen. I suspect it's because I don't feel like what you said about it not affecting anything is true, or because I want it to be true because if your opinion doesn't affect things then my contrasting opinion won't either, or because I just feel that strongly about it. Whatever it is, I feel like that feeling-- "what are you doing, you're wrong, shut up and let me correct you"-- is where a lot of the conversational stress on here and maybe a lot of other forums comes from (as opposed to the stress just related to the game).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread