Forum topic suggestion.h (Destiny)

by red robber @, Crawfish Country, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 05:17 (3196 days ago) @ Kermit

Serves no purpose from my perspective. We have Destiny as a topic. I don't even think we need rampant speculation as a topic. It would add complexity when you're starting to post trying to decide where your topic fits, for the small minority of people who use the categories.

Frankly, related to issues discussed in this thread, it strikes me as a technocratic solution to a cultural problem--a gesture that makes us feel like we've done something and can forget about it now. Heartfelt honest engagement with each other is much more difficult, but I think it's more fruitful too.

I completely agree that we should all be able to discuss our differences, relate to one another in as friendly a manner as possible, and try to change the tone rather than avoid it. If I may pull from the previous posts (maybe Mig said it?) and use the example of the virus. There comes a time when, at least for a moment, we recognize that we cannot cure the virus. So, for the sake of protecting the population, we may have to quarantine it.

This really isn't the best analogy, but it fits as best as I can describe it. For those of us who have felt that the negativity in some posts has become burdensome, would it not be better to remove it knowing that we cannot correct/change it. This is also why I specifically used "criticism" rather than feedback as the new subject heading. Feedback is too generic IMO (but I can see why it is preferable, glass half full thinking :). Criticism points more directly to things we don't like. I'd much rather need to do without this tag, but seeing as how our discussions have only seemed to exacerbate the disturbance in the forum, this seemed like the next best solution.

Now having said all that, it may be that Cody's absence from the forum may alleviate much of what this thread has boiled into.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread