Too long; do not read (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 22:50 (3195 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Ragashingo, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 23:24

Seems like people are still complaining about Mig's "attack" on Cruel, without trying to engage with him.

Kermit, you've done a great job distilling Mig's posts and keeping a level head, but what you said above makes me angry. I've long held that even the best, most thought provoking points are worthless if presented in the wrong way. And to me, Mig presented his points in entirely the wrong way. I don't think a post that played the "can you guess what I think you think I think" game was worth engaging with. I don't think a post where someone admitted they themselves had been intentionally not engaging with a poster whenever he replied to him over the course of the last year (and let's call that what it is, it's an admission of pointless flaming by Mig) deserves to be engaged with. And I don't think it should matter how awful a poster like Cody had acted in the past, it doesn't justify making an awful muck in his topic! And yes, some people have justified it. Someone up aboves said something like "Sure, Mig's post wasn't great, but let's be real, Cody was a total jerk and even his initial post was horribly arrogant and self servicing." What the heck is going on here?!

A bad, toxic, mean spirited post should not be glossed over because it was made in reply to a bad poster. And people shoudn't be looked down on because they did engage with said bad post. And a calm rational discussion about the point burried and hidden beneath a layer of crap should not be happening in this topc.

What should have happened here is that Mig's post should have been condemed, but instead you with your first words condemed those who rightly choose not to engage. Mig's post should not have been acceptable in the least. Once that was made loud and clear maybe we could move on to a separate discussion about this "virus of negativity first" that has gripped our community. Instead, Cruel still feels hurt and nobody is acknowledging that fact, and Mig's actions are being passed over as teasing or as secretly insightful.... :(

Again, I'm glad you and others can be mellow and can find the hidden good, but I'm pretty darn unhappy that it seems to be at the expense of actually taking note of some seriously bad behavior. :/

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread