Reality check... (Destiny)

by nico, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 03:59 (3196 days ago) @ CyberKN

…as someone who has known Mig for a very long time, the "oh man you're being so uncool" posts are making me smile. Let's get back to reality here: Mig is one of the nicest people I've ever met, virtually, or in real life.

People saying "oh man, DBO is turning into a harsh place blah blah…" let's just re-read the first sentence of the original post.

In other words, let's look at the TONE of the conversation that's being established here: "Even before Destiny was announced I correctly predicted the manipulative elements and general crassness of the game design."

Now Claude tells me Mr. Miller is a very nice person -- and that's fine, and I'll therefore give him (Miller) the benefit of the doubt.

But in my not-so-humble-opinion, I can't think of a douchier, more self-serving (and self-servicing, while we're at it), more arrogant way to begin not just any post, but even a goodbye post. Oh you knew it all along did you? Then why did you play, oh enlightened one?

And as anyone who has played any real addictive games will tell you, the guys who have the big dramatic formal goodbyes are COMPLETELY full of shit. When people are really going to stop playing, they just stop playing and you don't hear from them again-- the dudes who do the theatrics will inevitably be back.

Love and peace,

-n

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread