Just to clarify as well... (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 16:44 (3196 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Do you find my criticisms in general come off as sounding "entitled"? Or was it that one example in particular you were thinking of?

Your rants against PoE can be interpreted that way, although you did go through the effort of suggesting fixes, rather than just whining about it.

I guess that's something I need to work on. I don't think of myself as feeling "entitled" towards Destiny or any other game, but I do see myself as a long-time fan and customer of Bungie's. I go out of my way to tell them about all the things I love about their games, and I also tell them when I'm not happy with what I've purchased. I guess I need to be more careful about how I phrase things, but that is where it is coming from.

I didn't mean that your anti-PoE stuff is entitled, just that he probably interpreted it that way. There's a huge difference between saying "this is stupid!" And saying "this is why I don't like this". You've done very well to express the whys and hows of your feelings towards the things you dislike, so it's not something you need to work on.

Also, I don't mean that I consider what you've said to be whining. I meant to say that unlike other folks who whine about things without being constructive, you put forth the effort to explain yourself, but I didn't word it correctly.

It's kind of moot, since he admitted that he's misremembering (again, he more than anything was referring to Cody's Hawkmoon rants), so he probably didn't have any real issue with your posts, and others here (myself included) don't think you've made a mistake in your criticisms and how you've phrased them (even if I disagree with them).

And again, Mig may have triggered a few folks around here, but I totally see where he's coming from, and don't really disagree with his post, BUT I think that the way he worded it may be unintentionally putting you in the crosshairs instead of the real trolls and negative folks who do nothing but whine in a non-constructive manner...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread