Too long; do not read (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Thursday, July 30, 2015, 21:01 (3195 days ago) @ Kermit

At DBO, the best of places, you see the virus at work in the best of us. (And Cruel, I think Mig has made clear that he considers you one of the best). A thread cataloging “wow” moments in Destiny begins with a hat tip to the liturgy (Destiny is no Halo), and then those of us who were wowed many times during the game begin to doubt ourselves. We apologize, we feel obligated to include caveats.

I'm pretty sure you realize this, but that's largely on you. You don't have to take the negativity to heart or even read it any more than people who don't care for Destiny or some aspect of it need to keep playing. I'm not saying don't respond or don't read it, I'm saying laying the blame for how you act or even (in large part) how you feel at someone else's feet, when you're an adult (and more adult than most of us at that) is... incorrect. You have control over it, or you should. If you don't like what you see, that's one thing, and if you can't keep it from affecting you without just not reading it, that's understandable, but you don't have to let it change what you say and how you say it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread