Destiny 2: Nerf everything edition. (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 18:39 (2480 days ago) @ dogcow

I say this without any judgement as to whether these changes are good or bad...

Everything feels slower and weaker. Guns take longer to kill, abilities take longer to charge and also do less damage. The changes to weapon loadouts make our guardians feel significantly less powerful. All talk of weapon "freedom" aside, the net result is that you have lower DPS potential with the current loadout system than the D1 system.

In my short time with the beta so far, I'm finding these changes make PvP less frustrating, but not particularly exciting either. It's fun, but not top-tier competitive FPS level. I will say that the longer time to kill fits very well into Destiny PvP, IMO. It now feels appropriate to the speed (or lack thereof) that players travel.

The little bit of PvE content in the beta was honestly a bit dull IMO. Nothing overtly wrong with it, but the combat just doesn't feel as dynamic and exciting to me as the combat in D1. But that could totally just come down to the fact that I'm not playing the Beta with a max-level character with a bunch of cool gear.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread