Regarding Slow Cooldowns (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 17:09 (2479 days ago) @ Cody Miller

The other potential problem I have with this setup is that as it is, it's not that fun for me (I'm talking PvE here). Maybe it gets better after levelling up a bunch, but by then I've already played the whole campaign.

There's a game in which your avatar levels up and gains new skills of your choosing throuoit the whole thing, and the opening level is fun right off the bat. It should be obvious to anyone which game I am thinking of.

But I don't see how you can be right, because stats like discipline are gone. If we can reduce our cooldowns, there is some other mechanism. I am not sure I really support a gear based way to lower your cooldowns anyway. Either have fixed ones with sensible values, or else have something like kills or orbs give back a chunk of meter.

I'm not saying that cooldowns will get faster as we level up... I'm saying even if they do, by the time they get anywhere close to what we're used to, I've already spent hours playing a less-fun version of the game.

And ultimately, I don't think the cooldowns are the big problem. I think the new weapon slots are doing most of the damage. Slower cooldowns just make the problem a little worse.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread