On Storytelling (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, July 21, 2017, 16:23 (2477 days ago) @ Cody Miller

When we enter the hallway with Shaxxx, there's all these civilians… but it doesn't register because we don't have a glimpse of the tower and all these people BEFORE the attack.

I get that Des2ny is an action game, but a little calm before the storm would have gone a long way.

I guess my point is that if we see the tower as it was, full of life and people, then it hurts more to lose it.

And this happens after we get to know Owen and Beru for over 20 minutes. This is my point exactly.

Where were you the last three years? More specifically, where were you when the Speaker declared a new “Age of Triumph” because of our actions in helping clear out our enemies? We have seen the Tower as it was. Now we get to see it under attack.

But that wasn’t this game? Tough. Sometimes to get the most out of an ongoing story you need to invest in the previous parts. Or am I suppose to care for Luke, Han, and Chewie right out of the gate in Empire without having watched Star Wars?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread