Question about story mission encounter (spoilers) (Destiny)

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Tuesday, July 18, 2017, 20:17 (2480 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

This has been seen a million times online, but just in case...

During the "Homecomming" story mission, does the encounter in the Tower Plaza seem broken to anyone else? I'm referring to the section where you need to jump into Zavala's bubble.
I've watched the videos, I know what's coming... so as I play that sequence, I listen carefully for Zavala's signal to return to him. As soon as he signals me to get into his bubble, I make a dash straight for him, only to be killed by the missile detonations exploding against the outside of his bubble. I wasn't even far away when he gave the command... maybe halfway down the steps just in front of him. It seems to me the only way to survive that barrage is to spend the entire encounter standing right next to Zavala? Anyone else running into this?

That happened to me once, and I realized that the missiles only hit around his bubble, so you can also just avoid that part of the level entirely and live.

Also, Zavala can totally mistime the bubble and die. (And you can rez him like a regular teammate)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread