+1 (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 27, 2017, 19:05 (2471 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Is Bungie complaining?

No, but your argument was ostensibly that because it's harder to make video games, developers can therefore skimp. The audience doesn't care how hard something is to make. They only feel their connection to the game.

That's not my argument. I don't want Bungie to skimp. I think they started this game at a perfectly fine place that will allow them to build new content and new worlds going forward. I'm not asking them to correct the deficits of the first game before they can move forward. If the loss of the tower didn't affect you, that's the fault of D1, not D2. A sequel needs to start with dramatic action, not backtracking. Between the character building that happened in the expansions, the Zavala backstory vid, and the initial cutscene of the beta, I think they've given us the set up they've needed to for what happens next.

You remind me of people I've met in workshops who obsess over their pet idea for a scene they want you to add without thinking about the big picture.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread