Regarding Slow Cooldowns (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 16:26 (2479 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

This is fair. However given how little information we have on how the actual cool down impacting perks will apply, I am not necessarily super hopeful given the general "less ability use" talk that has gone on.

Right now the Gunslinger throwing knife is at a 97 second cool down. That is 27 seconds longer than Tier 0 in D1, which is a 70 second cool down. At max STR that is down to 29 seconds. If Tier 5 melee cool down is proportional that leaves you with about a 40 second cool down, so Tier 4.

However, given that we don't know if we can have more than one ability cool down perk on a piece of armor or what ones will be available, we could have as few as 4 potential perks for cool downs. On the assumption that this is proportional (which is illogical, but the best number game to play) that would leave us with about a 55-56 second cool down with 4 melee cool down perks applied. Which is just slightly faster than Tier 2 in D1. And that is without anything for Grenade, Class ability, or Super; not accounting for possible competing perk slots for reload speed/additional ammo.

I seriously hope that this (what I would consider a probable worst case scenario) is not what we get when the game ships. I would like to be pleasantly surprised.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread