Regarding Slow Cooldowns (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Wednesday, July 19, 2017, 15:54 (2479 days ago) @ Blackt1g3r

For comparison, go into Destiny 1 and equip a bunch of crap gear to force your grenade cooldowns to the longest cooldown time. It will feel incredibly slow, but we are so used to playing with maxed (or close to max) cooldown rates so you don't really notice. It looks to me like we are at the slowest cooldowns you can have in Destiny 2 so I would expect the cooldowns to cut in half or so once everyone has played for a bit in the final game.

This very well be the case, although judging the Beta at face value, we start off with a bunch of Legendary gear equipped and our abilities maxed. If Bungie is following the mold set by other RPGs or Character Action Games, "Homecomming" will be a taste of our maximum potential before being knocked down and spending the majority of the campaign climbing back up.

The other potential problem I have with this setup is that as it is, it's not that fun for me (I'm talking PvE here). Maybe it gets better after levelling up a bunch, but by then I've already played the whole campaign. I had this same problem with D1. I don't find the combat particularly great until I have my ability trees maxed out and a wide selection of cool gear to play with... but by that point I've already replayed all the content so much that I'm tired of it. I'd hoped D2 wouldn't fall into this pattern, but the Beta deminishes that hope.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread