On Storytelling (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Friday, July 21, 2017, 16:39 (2477 days ago) @ Harmanimus

Of his points the visible transmats into and out of the ship for communicative clarity are thenonly ones I'm reqlly behind. Your counter example is on point though, especially given the context of D2 arriving in from D1. I imagine my Guardian rarely spends any time in the tower that isn't necessary for resupply or repairs or the rare break to recover from a rough battle.

Coming back to a burning tower off a Patrol, out in the Wild, makes significantly more narrative sense than our Guardian just happening to be in the Vanguard command center doing what? Donating motes of light for reputation? Hanging out? Oggling our Exotic collection? I mean, that one is likely for some players I guess. Coming in from doing Guardian stuff and proceding to tear through Cabal to Do what needs to be done to protect the City makes for a better story if you ask me.

Our guardian being absent when the attack starts could actually be used as a dramatic point of character development. What if our guardian feels guilty for being absent, and must deal with those feelings? Or what if others cast blame at us for not being there? Lots of potential, but who knows if anything like that will actually play out in the game.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread